- The Global Prevalence Study on Infection in Urology (GPIU) is a worldwide ongoing web-based study investigating the prevalence and risk factors of infections in urological patients. It is currently the only database able to provide surveillance data on antibiotic resistance to their investigators.
- More than 20 000 urological patients have been investigated in the earlier studies (2003-2010).
- The GPIU database contains detailed clinical data on more than 2000 patients with UTI.
- The data statistics on antibiotic resistance are anonymously provided to the participating centres*
- GPIU-participants receive EU-ACME credit points and a certificate
- This year the „Side-Study“ on prevalence and risk factors of infections after prostate biopsies will be repeated
- One day in the following periods in November 2011 can be chosen freely as study day:
15 - 18, 22 - 24, 29 -30. November
(the 18th November 2011 is also the „Antibiotic Awareness Day“ of the European Centres for Disease Control - ECDC).
GPIU-Study web site: http://gpiu.uroweb.org/2011/
Website will be open from 1st November 2011
! All urologists are cordially invited to participate in the GPIU 2011!
! All clinical microbiologists and ID specialists are asked to cooperate with their urologists in this yearly study !
GPIU is fully sponsored by the European Association of Urology (EAU) and is run in cooperation with several international scientific societies.
On behalf of the European Section on Infections in Urology (ESIU)
Prof. Dr. Florian M.E. Wagenlehner
Prof. Dr. Truls E. Bjerklund Johansen